Who we are and how to contact us
The Website is a website operated by Geeks2U UK Limited (“us“, “we“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11000692 and have our registered office is located at C/- Birketts Solicitors, Brierly Place, New London Road, Chelmsford CM2 0AP. Our main trading address is 25 Canada Square, London E14 5LB.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 0330 808 5201.
By using our Website you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase goods or services from our Website, our Terms and Conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 26/10/2017.
We may make changes to our Website
We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, services, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our Website is only for users in the UK
Our Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 808 5201.
How you may use material on our Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this Website
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
External Websites – we are not responsible for websites we link to
Our Website may contain links to, or frame websites of third parties (“External Sites”). We are not required to maintain or update the links.
Links to, or framing of, External Sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the External Sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the External Sites unless expressly indicated on this Website. We have no control over the contents of the External Websites or resources and make no warranties and accept no liability in relation to material contained on External Sites.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Uploading content to our Website
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our Website a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (“Contribution“), and to any Interactive Services (as defined below) associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms; and/or
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Rules about linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on this Website is protected by copyright. As stated above, you may use this Website only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on this Website, or create any other material using material on this Website, without obtaining the prior written consent of us.
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of us.
Your use of this Website must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
Breach of this policy
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Website.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of this Website; and
- exclude liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with this Website.
Without limiting the general disclaimer above, we:
- makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We are not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this Website or if that information is not up-to-date;
- Will not be liable for disruptions to this Website; and
- Is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this Website or an External Site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this Website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.